logo

logo

Monday, August 8, 2011

Update on giving up SUGAR

It's Day 7 on the Giving up Sugar Challenge!

The first few days were rough! I actually had to leave a playdate early on Tuesday because I felt so sick! Around Thursday I started feeling much better though. Thank goodness! I've read about "sugar withdrawel" symptoms - but I never thought that I'd have to go through it since when I gave up sugar in pregnancy it just felt GREAT.

Jon hasn't had any withdrawal symptoms. So either - he hasn't given up sugar (since he has many more temptations than I do being in an office, I know he's had at least ONE cookie); or his body metabolizes it differently. Who knows.

By the Grace of God, I really haven't had too many cravings! At the start, I was eating a lot of fruit after meals for something sweet, but the past few days I haven't even had that craving.

This week will be challenging though since it's Finn's birthday & I'm making this insane ice-cream cake (it'll take at least 3 days to make and assemble). Wish me luck!

How are you feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment