logo

logo

Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday mission!

Happy Monday to you! It is beautiful outside here in central New York.

This week's mission for myself is to get prepared for camping! We are headed to Vermont to camp over the fourth of July weekend. Jon and I, and Kayla, have been a bunch of times, but this will be Finn's first time camping.

We plan on: hiking, making s'mores, rock hopping (possibly), visiting Ben and jerry's, cold hollow cider mill, the farmers market, going to the forth of July parade, hopefully seeing the fireworks (this depends on Finn!), and generally getting dirty and having fun!

For meals, I am a huge proponent of hobo packs. You can put whatever meats and veggies in there you like with some butter or EVOO, wrap in foil, stick in fire, flip a few times, serve on a bun. It can be much healthier than the classic hot dog on a stick (which my husband could eat every night if I let him). Lunches will be peanut butter and jelly on homemade bread. Snacks are fruit, or homemade granola bars, and I usually make some trailmix as a treat. Since we usually like to get going in the morning (as opposed to rebuilding the fire) we'll just have some homemade granola and yogurt for breakfast.

I'm bringing the camp washer and flat dispers with five covers for Finn's bottom.

More planning to come.

What is your favorite camping pastime?

No comments:

Post a Comment