logo

logo

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday 6/2/11

Our sump pump stopped working just when we had that big storm Sunday night. The storm was "cool," but we woke up to a flood - well, almost. The water was right at the level of our downstairs - one more drop, we'd be swimming in our den! I am so THANKFUL that we didn't get another inch! What a blessing! As it is, we had to rip up the carpet in our "secret room" (we use it for storage), it was really starting to smell like mildew. We might have to rip up the carpet in our den as well, but we are hoping not!

I was invited to join Kim from Dirty Diaper Laundry to go to Ithaca today. I left the house around 9am, Finn fell asleep within a few minutes & didn't wake up until we were outside of Mama Goose! I LOVE MAMA GOOSE! It's the best consignment store for babies and mamas that I've found. After that, we went to Jillian's drawers (where I found this beautiful organic cotton cover - Imse Vimse), and Yerba Mate for lunch (yum yum yum). Jon really wanted me to go to the Ithaca Bakery to pick up some goodies for him, but Finn fell asleep while I was trying to find it in the GPS & instead of tempting fate, I decided to drive home so that he'd stay sleeping! I am so thankful for the whole day - getting out of the mildewy house, getting out of the house in general, going for an adventure with my little man, spending some time with Kim & her sweet little men, and getting to go to my favorite stores & yummy Yerba mate! Also, the trip gave me confidence in driving with Finn on my own - at least on short adventures, about the length of naptime!

Aaron came over last night to help Jon rip up the carpet and move all the stuff in and out of the secret room. With his help, we were able to get it done in one night - it would have taken much longer if it were just Jon by himself! I am very thankful for the friendship we have with Aaron & Dena.

1 comment:

  1. How cool that you and Kim are close in proximity! Even cooler that you are close to stores that sell cloth.

    We are thankful for lots this Thursday, too!

    ReplyDelete