logo

logo

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Flats Challenge - Wednesday

Flats on a line!
For anyone who hasn't been following the challenge, Kim has updated her original post to include all the links to tutorials and whatnot. Take a look!

Here are the official rules:

  • You MUST use Flats.
  • You MUST handwash them.  How is up to you.  (bathtub, sink, large wash tub, portable non electronic washing machine, or camp style washer (bucket and plunger- think churning butter)
  • You MUST air dry them.  (indoors or outdoors, makes no difference)
  • You MUST limit your number of covers in rotation to 5 or less.
  • You can use any detergent you want.  (Keep in mind that you still want cloth safe detergents)
  • You can still use your nighttime diapers but I ask that you try to make flats work.  Maybe try a prefold wrapped in a flat.
  • You can use disposable liners.
  • You CAN’T use a diaper sprayer.  I thought long and hard about this one, but at an average cost of 40.00 this is one diaper accessory that is out of range for many families.  Dunk, swish, flush, or scrape!
  • You MUST start the morning of May 23 and end the evening of May 30.

Finn's trying out his new water table

This morning, I did another washing. It ended up being two separate "loads." Since there were diapers from all day yesterday, PLUS he did a big poo this morning. I am SO proud to say that the Big Poo came out completely! I just rinsed the stuff off in hot water in my utility sink, then washed (cold rinse, hot wash with detergent, cold wash). It's all hanging outside right now! I figured since rain is in the forecast for tomorrow and friday, today is the day! Honestly, I felt really apprehensive about the handwashing. Not that I couldn't do it (have you seen these guns? LOL), but that I wasn't getting them as clean as a machine could. Well, getting the Big Poo out (no stains!!!!) really bolstered my confidence in the handwashing process.


Finn in his new shorties
Shorties for my Shortie



Until today, I've been using only 3 covers since my woolies have taken this long to dry. Well, I just put Finn into his blue wool shorties (with an origami folded flat underneath). So stinkin' cute! I just hope he doesn't poo in them (although I rolled the edges of the flat, it'll probably get on the sides of the cover if he poos). 


No comments:

Post a Comment