logo

logo

Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Mission

my bucket washer setup 
this is me agitating the dipes
 Welcome to Flats and Handwashing Challenge week! This week's challenge if you care to accept, is to join me in this challenge! So I started yesterday, which was not the right day to start! oh well, looks like we're using these flats for one extra day! So let's call today the OFFICIAL day one of the challenge. I had the distinct honor of doing a bucket of laundry today...

All in all, it wasn't too bad. Here are my initial thoughts:  1. wow, kind of a workout! I think my arms will have some extra special mommy muscle at the end of the week! 2. If this was our normal mode of washing, I would probably bring my dipes to my parents house to use their washing machine once a week (assuming I didn't have one). My method: First, cold rinse and pump the plunger a few times to get the big nasties out. Then, HOT water with a scoop of cloth diaper detergent (I'm using ruby moon right now). Agitate for three minutes vigorously (this was the workout part). I actually set a timer on my watch to get the full three minutes in. next, dump out the water, press out the water from the diapers. Then a cold wash. No detergent. Just agitate for three minutes again. I decided to only wash four flats at once, so  I actually did that whole cycle twice. From now on, I'll wash everyday for the sheer fact that it's hard on my arms doing two cycles at once! Here are the dipes drying...

I hung the dipes inside since there was a threat of rain

mmm... bread!






Just to prove to ya'll that I didn't just wash and dry diapers all day... I had time to bake some tasty wheat bread, take Finn to swim class, clean up the garbage my dog ate, go for a walk, play with my son, and read him ten books.



1 comment:

  1. I love that you added in your other activities to prove that it didn't consume your day!

    ReplyDelete