logo

logo

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wisdom for the ages

"When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet."

Proverbs 31:21

Did you know that "Scarlet" is a form of felted wool? We have it in black and white in the Bible - God's word telling us to put our babies in woolies!!! Get started on those repurposed Butt sweaters ladies! Haha - just kidding on the last bit. But scarlet IS a form of felted wool...

When I think about this verse, a few things pop into my mind. It is a very practical verse. Surely it's application is both practical AND spiritual. Your family is protected against the physical cold & snow with the warmest fabric in existence. In the same way, your family (all of them) are protected against the storms of life with the protection of love you have rooted their foundation in.

Still, I like that God tells us to put our kids in felted wool. Mittens... Hats... Sweaters!!

2 comments:

  1. ha! That is awesome!!! I'll be using this verse to convince my husband we need more longies next fall ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I like that Tara! I'm attempting to make some from repurposed sweater sleeves for the fall!

    ReplyDelete