logo

logo

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mexican Dark Chocolate Pudding


Recently, I decided that I was going to stop buying any processed food & eat things that come from the ground, or have a mother so to speak (I call it eating real food). As a result, I have started making treats that we used to get pre-made. Pudding being one of them! My husband and I love the Jello dark chocolate pudding cups! So I found a recipe for pudding, and modified it to work for us. After a few iterations, I can say with confidence that it is delicious!!!



Mexican Dark Chocolate Pudding
2 egg yolks
scant 1/2 C sugar
3 T corn starch (not ideal, but necessary!)
1t cinnamon
3 C milk (I use Wake Robin milk)
heaping 2/3 C semi-sweet chocolate
2 oz unsweetened (baking) chocolate
pinch of salt
1t vanilla
---------------------------------------------
mix egg yolks, sugar, corn starch and cinnamon in a big bowl. On medium heat, melt the chocolates with the milk and salt. Once the chocolate is melted, gradually whisk the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Pour it all back into the saucepan. On medium heat, continuously stir the pudding until it gets thick (about 12-13 minutes). Pour into individual serving cups & cool for at least 2 hours.

I usually serve it with freshly ground cinnamon and whipped cream - yum!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment